Another one of my favorite take-out home spoofs is onion wedges! Sort of an easier version of a bloomin’ onion and so easy to make!
1 large white onion, cut into wedges
1 cup bisquick
1/2 cup milk
1. Follow the directions on the bisquick box for mixing pancake mix (yes, this is actually pancake mix!!)
2. Heat a couple inches of vegetable oil in a small pan. The smaller the pan, the less oil you have to use. Just fry them in batches. While the oil heats up, cut up the onion.
3. In batches, drench the onion wedges in the bisquick mix and then fry until golden brown.
4. Dry on a plate covered in paper towels to soak up the excess oil.
- Why Do Onions Make Us Cry? (everydayhealth.com)
- Onion Snow (realtorharry.wordpress.com)
- Onion Canapé Recipe (greatbritishchefs.com)