A week or two ago, I made my mom’s Chicken N Goo recipe for the Mr. As I was pulling out all of the ingredients I realized I didn’t buy any cream of chicken soup! I tend to do that often – I’ll see an awesome post with a DIY somethingorother and when I’m at the store think “No, I don’t need to buy that, I’ll just make it!” Fast forward and I forget to make it 🙂 This was so easy to whip up, though, and I had enough to can left overs for future use!
I stole this recipe from Pinch of Yum because it seemed the easiest to make and had great results! Enjoy!
Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup
makes about 3 cups
2 1/2 cups chicken broth (homemade if at all possible!)
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp parsley
1. Combine the chicken broth and 1/2 cup of the milk in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the flour and seasonings into the remaining 1 cup milk until smooth.
3. Pour the flour and milk mixture into the saucepan with the broth mixture over low heat and stir continuously until thick, or 5-10 minutes. Keep in mind the mixture will thicken even more as it cools.
How simple is that!?
- Foods & Nutrients that Will Boost Your Immune System (dualfit.com)
- And the Best Can of Chicken Soup Is … (huffingtonpost.com)
- Cella’s Chicken Noodle Soup (cookingcellastyle.com)