This has been a family recipe for longer than I can remember. I grew up on it. The Mr. has begged me to change the name, but my entire life we’ve called it chicken ‘n goo, so I refuse! Sorry there are no pics of the finish product! We ate it too fast 🙂
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
1/8 cup cooking sherry
1 small can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1. Wash and lay chicken breasts on the bottom of an 8×11 glass casserole dish.
2. Spread cheese overtop — I nearly doubled the amount, but I have an unhealthy obsession with cheese
3. Spread condensed cream of chicken soup over top. Add cooking sherry to the can and swish around well to get remaining cream of chicken that’s sticking to the sides.
4. Add breadcrumbs
5. Bake at 350 for an hour
- Recycle That . . . . Chicken?! Dinners for Less (everydayfamily.com)
- And the Best Can of Chicken Soup Is … (huffingtonpost.com)
- Grandma’s Chicken Casserole (threeladiesandtheirbabies.wordpress.com)