• 1 1/2 cups of creamy peanut butter
• 1/2 cup of butter (softened)
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 3 to 4 cups of powdered sugar
• 2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
•2 tablespoons of shortening
1. Combine: peanut butter, butter, vanilla & salt in large bowl.
2. Beat with an electric mixer on low until blended.
3. Add 2 cups powdered sugar, beating until blended. Beat in additional powdered sugar until mixture (when shaped into a ball) will stay on a toothpick.
4. Shape into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate.
5. Melt chocolate in a double boiler.
6. Insert toothpick in peanut butter ball. Dip 3/4 of ball into chocolate, leaving top uncovered to resemble a buckeye. Remove excess. Place on wax paper-lined tray. Remove toothpick. Smooth over holes.
7. Refrigerate until firm.
- How to Make Buckeyes + BAKERS GIVEAWAY (ahealthylifeforme.com)
- Trader Joe’s and Cookie Butter Buckeyes Recipe (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes :: The Perfect Holiday Treat (iloveyoumorethancarrots.com)