So I stole the original recipes from Sam the Cooking Guy with a couple minor tweaks; instead of feta, I used goat cheese with caramelized onions. And since Mr Marine thinks serving him something vegetarian is cruel and unusual punishment, we added chicken he had grilled the day before onto his half. It’s quick, luxurious, almost healthy…it’s my go-to when I want something rich, delicious, indulgent but don’t want that gross feeling afterwards. Enjoy!
1 ready made pizza crust
1 package goat cheese (with caramelized onions)
2 Tbsp EVOO
1 package baby bella mushrooms, sliced (the whole baby bellas are cheaper, but if you’re pressed for time you can buy them pre-sliced)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 bag spinach
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Heat up the EVOO in a large saucepan over medium heat
3. Slice your mushrooms and add them to the pan.
4. As your mushrooms are cooking, spread the goat cheese over the pizza crust.
5. When your mushrooms are almost done, add the garlic and mix throughout the mushrooms. Do not let it brown.
6. Add the entire bag of spinach. It will look like way too much at the beginning, but it will wilt down nicely if you just mix it continuously.
7. Spread the spinach mixture over the pizza and bake for 10-12 minutes. Everything’s already cooked, so you’re really just warming the pizza through.
- Spinach Goat Cheese Thing that Everyone Likes: Tossed Spinach Lasagna (pieinthewoods.wordpress.com)
- What I Ate Wednesday (stylishsensibility.com)
- Today’s Recipe: Mushroom, Goat Cheese and Herb Frittata (williams-sonoma.com)